Dustin Burleson, DDC talks about his practice’s success.
So How Did He Do it?
Dr. Dustin Burleson combined his passion for helping kids improve their smiles and their self confidence with a drive for business development and the pursuit of excellence. Starting out in 2006 as the sole employee with zero patients, Burleson Orthodontics has grown to employ 35 people treating over 7500 active patients.
When talking about how he uses Infusionsoft, Burleson states with a laugh, “It’s hard to see where we are NOT using Infusionsoft!”. The reason is, when looking at small business success, it is very important to have metrics and measurements in every way you can. Business metrics that are measured can be analyzed over time and improved, knowing what changes have the most positive affect.
The key ingredients for an Orthodontist using Infusionsoft in his or her practice are … brace yourself! (Sorry) The following Infusionsoft tips are for not only Orthodontists, but nearly every profession. So how did Burleson Orthodontics grow to over $4 Million using marketing strategies in Infusionsoft?
Customer Acquisition and Follow-up
- Automated customer follow-up sequences for new patient acquisition.
- Delivering a valuable free report in PDF format called “Top 10 Things You Must Know Before Choosing Your Family’s Orthodontist”
- Follow-up emails are frequent at first: days 1, 3, 5 and 7, then longer duration
- Long term patient nurture cycle to keep in touch with families, mainly mothers, that are going through the decision process for orthodontics.
- Website articles that target key words that people are searching for, to gather leads and enter them into the nurture process
- Advertising on Radio, Google AdWords, Mommy Blogs to draw people to the free reports on a variety of topics, including articles about Brushing Patterns, Jaw Pain, Retainers, Wisdom Teeth, Invisiline, even Student Study Habits.
- Heavy use of video on his website for everything from a tour of the practice, the “60 Second Updates” to patient testimonials. Most pages on the website have a video to watch.
- Direct mail postcards mailed out and triggered by Infusionsoft
- Tracking source of customer acquisition with Infusionsoft tags.
Obviously, there is a lot more than just adding Infusionsoft, but it is clear that having an all-in-one marketing automation system can provide the foundation and framework for building elaborate and very effective processes without having to spend all your days and nights operating them manually!
Download 7-Step Marketing Plan!
7 Steps to a Complete Small Business Sales & Marketing Plan